No one wants to stay at the hospital but sometimes in life, we have to, either for ourselves or our loved ones. Even if the stay is for a day or two, one needs to be prepared to have a stress-free time. What you want to pack largely depends on your personality for example; if you can’t sleep without your fluffy blanket or earphones, you’ll carry those. However, there are a few basics that you need to keep in mind about packing for a hospital stay.
Note: You’ll have limited space, so carry only the essentials. Unless the hospital provides security or you yourself have a lock bag, do not carry expensive jewelry and other electronic items.
This basic checklist covers items that allow you to stay hygienic, improve your privacy and help you get a good night’s sleep.
1. Keep your personal medications in a labeled container. These can also be daily vitamins you take or an emergency inhaler that you might need.
2. Keep a toothbrush, toothpaste, soap and deodorant.
3. Either keep a loose fitted dress that you can comfortably sleep and walk-in or wear it to the hospital. Always keep an extra pair of pajamas.
4. Wear shoes that won’t make you slip on the slopes or marble floors.
5. If you’re keen about keeping hair-care or skincare products, keep travel-size ones.
6. Remember to keep special needs products such as tampons and sanitary napkins.
7. Electronics such as earphones, and cell phone charger.
8. If you usually wear contact lenses, choose to wear glasses to the hospital instead.
9. For entertainment purposes and to keep the time going, keep a book/magazine with you. You can even download a movie on your phone.
10. If you’re concerned about your nutrition, carry snacks or homemade treats with you.
11. Most people like carrying pillows and blankets from home rather than using the ones that hospitals provide.
12. If you suffer from OCD, you can carry hand sanitizers and wet wipes.
13. If you, or your partner or a family member is having a baby keep a camera, baby’s going home outfit, and a baby bag with the necessities with you.
An online doctor booking platform – Meddy, has the best private hospitals and clinics with state of the art facilities and specialized doctors which you can filter on the basis of location and reviews. To ensure a healthy and safe time, with no compromise in quality, book the top doctors for your hospital stay with Meddy.
Let us Take Care of Your Health.
Get FREE health tips, medical advice, lifestyle hacks and the latest news delivered straight to your inbox!